Post-press Consumables | Paper Cutter | Plastic Cutting Sticks
DURASTICK Cutting Sticks are manufactured for use on all Paper Cutters and Three Knife Trimmers.
The Plastic Cutting Stick is fitted into the slot in the cutting table of the cutter / guillotine.
The Cutting Knife penetrates the Cutting Stick at the end of its down stroke.
This results in a clean, precise cut from the first to the last sheet of the paper pile.
Plastic Cutting Sticks are produced for all makes and types of Paper Cutter / Guillotine.
The Cutting Stick range extends to the very latest models and suits all Paper Cutters and Three Knife Trimmers manufactured worldwide.
Original Equipment Manufacturer specifications are used for the production of nearly all Cutting Sticks and a comprehensive size list is available detailing the make of the machine, model, size of Plastic Cutting Stick and original part or drawing number where applicable.
Plastic Cutting Sticks are available in a range of materials which take into consideration the following:
- The compatibility of the material to the QUALITY of the knife.
- The durability expectation during the cutting process.
- The versatility to suit more than one knife quality.
- The consideration of environmental issues and plastic recycling regulations.
- The economic advantage of using the Plastic Cutting Stick. versus using more traditional materials such as wood, xylonite or compressed paper.
Cutting Sticks are produced 100% from prime material components in modern production facilities. All material compounds are specially formulated for each applicaction and meet with worldwide environmental regulations.
The plastic profiles are engineered under climatically controlled conditions which result in a consistent product quality.
The thermal instability of plastics is taken into account under a stringent quality control system.
- Tolerances of +/- 0.01mm or +/- 0.04” are achieved on the size specification and length to 0.05% per linear metre within these controlled conditions.
- Special requirements such as additional bevel or radius corners, holes, “quick change ends”, counter-sinking and slots can be engineered to suit individual specifications.
Standard and Solid Square Section Plastic Cutting Sticks.
- Standard production of Square Sections are made with a centre hole running through the entire length of the Cutting Stick. This assists fitting and removal of the Stick from the slot in the cutting table. In addition the centre hole ensures that no “gassing” (micro porosity) appears within the plastic inside the cross section of the Cutting Stick.
- Solid (no centre holes) production of Square Sections are available in certain sizes and materials i.e. Universal Solid and Premium Solid qualities. Note that these may not all be stock production and the pricing is different to the Standard production with centre hole as 1.
Advanced and flexible production techniques mean that special sizes and materials can be made in order to low quantity, with minimum lead times and at competitive prices.
Plastic Cutting Pads & Boards are also manufactured for round cornering or punching machines, rise and fall die-cutting APPLICATIONs.
Printing on Cutting Sticks is available, with the company name, logo, telephone, e-mail etc.. or product identification, for marketing purposes.
This is achieved by direct printing onto the product during the manufacturing process.
Printed Cutting Sticks – due to the personalisation of this product it is required that that the customer agrees to accept shortfall or excess production to within 10% of the ordered quantity.
Please also note:
- Rectangle shapes (such as Polar etc…) will be printed on only ONE side of the stick.
- Square shapes will be printed on TWO sides of the stick.